Snake Attack

Henry Fuseli - The Shepherd's Dream

I was staying at a family member's house. I was in a dark bedroom that looked an awful lot like my own. The main thing different is that instead of my bedside table there was a table with a tank with an animal in it. The animal, of course, was a snake.

I must say that I'm not fond of snakes. I probably fear them a little. But when I've had to deal with them I've been just fine.

Anyway, as I looked closer at the tank, I saw that the snake was looking back at me. I didn't like the way it was looking at me. Not because it was a snake, but because it seemed to be examining me a little too closely. The dream faded.

The next time I looked at the tank there were two creatures in there. The snake had been joined by a big lizard of some sort. They were both looking at me strangely. Then each creature nodded its head at me.

The lizard then stood on its hind legs while the snake slithered up the length of the lizard towards the top of the tank. Were they trying to get out? I thought they were! And I also thought they were trying to get to me! The dream faded.

When I looked again the tank was filled with water. The lizard was gone, but the snake was in there swimming around. And it was still staring at me intensely. The size of its head seemed to be amplified by the water. I could see by the look on its face that that snake had bad intentions for me.

The snake then swam to the top of the tank and poked its head out. It was escaping! I didn't know what to do, but that's when the dream faded again.

When everything came back I was sitting at the side of the bed looking at the snake tank. The snake wasn't in it.

I began to try to examine the dark room for the location of the now escaped snake. When I looked on the floor in front of my feet I found the snake waiting there for me to notice it.

As soon as I saw the snake on the floor it lunged for me! More quickly than I thought I could, I grabbed the snake by the neck behind its head. I had the snake and I was saved, but it wiggled furiously in my hand.

That's when the dream ended. When I woke up I couldn't go back to sleep with the snake waiting for me, so I got up and tried to forget. It was all over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Automatic Writing

Doggy Doppelganger