Doggy Doppelganger

I woke up and saw my dog sitting on my bed looking at me. I immediately knew something wasn't quite right. For one thing, when I went to sleep my dog wasn't in the room and the door was shut. When I thought about all of this I realized I was actually still asleep and in the middle of another strange dream of a kind I've had a few times before.

Since I knew the dog wasn't really there with me I asked this one if it was really my dog. As soon as the words were out of my mouth this doppelganger began to growl at me. I knew from experience that the growl was the indicator that meant this dog was false. This creature was only pretending to be my dog. So I smacked it in the face and told it to go away. Off it went.

Then came another lookalike dog. I told it that I knew it was an imposter and it should leave. This one also began to growl so I hit it on the head and it left me.

After that a third one appeared to me. I asked this one if it was my real dog or a fake. It just sat there acting like my very own pet should act. I then told it I would give it a small chance since it appeared to be my real dog. I wasn't really fooled. But I reached out to pet this one to make it think that I had been. Then the telltale growl came. I quickly banished this one as well. That was the end of the imposters and the end of the dream.

I have dreams like this one every once in a while. I often wonder why I have this dream and why the creature's hostility is the indicator of its trickery. And why do they keep trying to trick me? Are they evil? They are obviously not good. Why do they try to test me? It never really works. Maybe writing this down will finally put an end to this strange repetitive dream.

Comments

  1. I think it's very unusual to dream of doppelganger dogs. Have you ever gotten a book on dreams to look up what some of the dreams you have might mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't ever gotten a book, but there are a few resources on the internet that are similar. My dreams might be too strange to find a meaning.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snake Attack

Automatic Writing

The Angry Raccoon