Was It Really A Dream?

Here's a short dream of a kind that I get way too often. I'm sometimes not even sure if these things are real dreams or something even more strange. Read on to find out why.

I was lying there peacefully sleeping when I felt somebody messing with my blankets. It was down around where my feet were. I was still mostly asleep so all I could do was mumble to whoever it was to leave me alone. That didn't work at all, and I continued to feel my blankets being messed with.

I was able to rouse myself slightly more, which was not much. Even though I was still mostly asleep, I was able to lift my head enough to see down at the foot of the bed. Everything looked blurry and dreamy because I just wasn't awake enough to function any more than that.

The significant thing I saw when I looked down there was that my blanket was being lifted about two feet off the bed by an invisible hand. It really looked like my blanket was being lifted in one spot right above my feet.

The strange thing was that there was nobody I could see and my bedroom looked exactly as it does in the waking world. In most dreams there are usually major differences from reality in the appearance of my immediate area. Not this one. That was disturbing.

The first thought that came to my mind was to yell at whatever invisible entity that was there to, "GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

That's exactly what I did. The blankets then immediately dropped back to the bed and I sensed that whatever had been there was now gone. And because I felt I couldn't wake up all the way I just closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

Later I woke up like normal and I remembered the dream. But was it a dream? How can I be sure? There were none of the indicators of a dream except for the strange incident. I guess I'll never really know.

Comments

  1. Maybe there was a ghost in your room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything is possible. I've had dreams like this for a long time. But I don't have them as often as my more ordinary strange dreams.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Only if Alice is invisible now. I'll have to ask her sometime.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snake Attack

Automatic Writing

Doggy Doppelganger