I Woke Up In My Truck Last Night

Last night I woke up in the back seat of my truck with my legs hanging out the open door. The first thing I thought was, "What the hell am I doing out here?" Then I groggily looked down and realized I only had one boot on. I really felt out of it. I wasn't sure what I was going to do.

It sounds like maybe the circumstances of a person who maybe had too many drinks the night before. The only problem with that is I've never been a drinker and I have only even tasted alcohol a few times in my life. So how did I end up out here in my truck? I couldn't remember at all.

I realized the first thing I needed to do was get in the house. My dog was probably missing me. When I got out of the truck I saw that it was parked a little way down the street from the house. So when I walked to the house I noticed the blinds open downstairs and it looked kind of empty and dark inside. I then remembered that yesterday I moved all my stuff to the upstairs apartment for some reason. I couldn't remember why.

The house is on the corner and the entrance to the upstairs apartment is on the side, so I went over there and let myself in the first door downstairs. It was unlocked. I walked up the stairs to the second floor to find that door locked.

I got out my keys and they looked like they were caked in dirt. That's when I began to wonder if these were even the right keys. They looked like mine, but I just couldn't remember anything clearly.

It was right at that moment that I woke up.

I found myself in the exact same position in my truck that I was at in my dream. How did this happen? I still couldn't remember, and I still felt as groggy as I did in the dream. I got up again to find that I was missing my left boot.

I looked in the truck to find several other boots that weren't even mine. But after a thorough search I found one that belonged to me, but it didn't match the one I had on. Frustrated, I decided to give up the search and wear two non-matching boots back to the house.

I looked up the street and saw someone coming down the sidewalk in my direction. I mildly wondered what they were doing out here in the middle of the night, but I was more concerned with my appearance after just waking up hanging out of my truck, so I decided to wait there until the person passed by.

When I looked over again the person was gone so I made my way back to the front of the house. I saw another person across the street, but I decided this time I just didn't care.

The house was in the same state when I looked at the front window. It looked as if it hadn't been lived in for awhile. Just then a horrible thought hit me. I'm dead! I'm a ghost! The house looks like it does because it's been empty for a long time and I'm dead.

And this time I finally woke up for real.

I was back in my own room in my own house. That house in the dream wasn't really mine and neither was that neighborhood. I was so relieved. In a dream like that I usually figure out that I'm dreaming, but not this time. I was really worried during that one. I don't exactly have scary dreams anymore, but that was the closest they come for me. It was very disturbing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Automatic Writing

Snake Attack

Doggy Doppelganger