Slapped In The Face

I bet this never happened to you. I couldn't remember this one for a couple of days. It would have been a very bad shame if I couldn't share it. Make sure you read to the end for the strange twist this dream takes. Really, please tell me if anything like this has ever happened to you.

Most of it looked like my typical strange dream, which is to say that this dream was indeed a weird one. It started out normal enough though. I dreamed I was watching a small group of professional wrestlers at an autograph signing. I've never seen that in real life, but I've seen a few rock stars do this.

The wrestlers were doing all of those autograph signing things. They were sitting at a table as fans were lined up as far as the eye could see. The lines would move forward as each fan would get to the front of the line and get the wrestlers to sign something and maybe have a brief conversation. Eventually it was time for the wrestlers to leave, so they said their goodbyes, packed up and left the building. It was all pretty standard stuff. It's when they came back that the dream got strange.

The wrestlers snuck back in, but this time they were in some very strange disguises. You know how people are basically shaped round. The wrestlers were now square. Their heads were square. Their bodies were square. Everything about them was square. It's as if they were made of boxes.

I remember thinking how really, really strange this was. I wondered how they could get themselves to look this way. That's when I decided to check the internet to see if this was a normal thing for these people. Sure enough, it was some kind of prank they liked to routinely pull at these kinds of events. Again, I thought this was very alien and strange. I must have double checked this five more times to be sure. It was really freaking me out.

As I watched the whole thing happen, the wrestlers began to do poses like robots or something. They would stick their arms out at goofy angles and move around mechanically for the crowd's amusement. I couldn't get over how this was affecting me. I had never seen anything like this before.

And that's when it happened.

I was slapped right in the face! No, not in the dream. This was a real slap to the face, and it woke me right up. How could I be slapped in the face? The only other creature here other than me is my dog. My dog definitely did not just smack me in the face, so who did? Did someone sneak into my house and hit me? Was it a ghost bent on violence?

I have to confess that I immediately knew who did it but I wanted to give you a little suspense. While I was watching those wrestlers pose in those weird ways I must have copied them in my sleep. My arm rose up, and as I began to wake it came back down right onto my face and smacked me as it landed. I slapped my own self in the face!

There. I really want you to tell me if you can top an experience like that. I bet you can't. This may be one of my strangest dreams yet, and it bled over into the real world. I've never had anything like this happen to me before. And this is exactly why I write this blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Automatic Writing

Snake Attack

Doggy Doppelganger