A Dream Encounter While Leaving the Hospital


I was in a dream, the setting was the familiar grounds of a hospital. The purpose was clear-cut: my brother, dog, and I were there to pick up our mother, who had been hospitalized for reasons now blurred in the dream's fabric. The atmosphere was tinged with a sense of routine, yet an undercurrent of relief was palpable as we prepared to leave.

My brother, younger by two years, led the way with a brisk stride. I followed, tethered to the present by the leash in my hand, anchoring my loyal dog. Beside me, my mother's presence was both comforting and striking. She emanated a newfound vitality, appearing leaner and more vibrant, a visible transformation after her hospital stay. Her vigor was highlighted as she effortlessly navigated a mound of gravel in the parking lot – a peculiar detail that only a dream could place with such casual randomness.

As we approached our car, the roles and movements were automatic: my brother moving towards the driver's side, my mother taking her place at the passenger's seat. The dream, however, had its twist awaiting me. Just as I reached for the back door, a bizarre creature emerged – an uncanny fusion of a cat and a squirrel, birthed from the dream's capricious nature. It approached with an unsettling chatter, its demeanor hostile and unnerving.

In a dreamlike response, I found myself armed with a broom handle – a spontaneous materialization typical of such surreal realms. I attempted to ward off the creature, only to provoke a more aggressive advance. It was at this critical juncture that my dog, embodying loyalty and courage, intervened. With a protective leap, it chased the odd intruder away, disappearing into the distance.

This act of bravery, though initially reassuring, quickly morphed into a source of anxiety. My concern grew as both animals faded from view, the fear of my dog getting lost overshadowing the initial threat. In this moment of mixed emotions, where concern overrode the absurdity of the situation, the dream reached its abrupt end, leaving behind a trail of unresolved thoughts and a lingering sense of what might have been.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Automatic Writing

Checking For Demons

Doggy Doppelganger